A Better Way to Manage and Save Money.
We have recently made improvements to our financial tab on our online banking portal and we're excited to announce Savings Sam! Now, it's easy to manage money, monitor spending and actually see where your money goes! If you want to save money, improve financial health and make financial management easier, this is great news for you.
- Get your complete financial picture.
- Sync accounts with nearly 17,000 financial institutions.
- Understand spending habits with automatically tagged transactions.
- Make informed choices with the cash flow calendar.
- Visually track your progress, reach financial goals quicker and easier.
Add a Goal & Stay on Track
Savings Sam makes it simple to stay on track. Set goals, and maintain your finances responsibly.
Step 1: Select "Add A Goal" on the goal dashboard.
Step 2: Select your desired pay off or savings goal.
Step 3: Fill in the required information.
Step 4: Click the "Create" button to complete the process of adding a new goal.
Keep in mind, your Goal Summary at the bottom of the page will update your completion date and the amount needed per month according to your preferences in the form.
Goals will automatically update your progress and will reflect your day-to-day account balances.
How do I start?
- Add additional accounts from other financial institutions to view all your accounts in one place.
- Customize the 'tag' names on your transactions to get the most accurate financial picture.
- Set up monthly Spending Targets within the 'Budget' area to organize your tagged transactions.
- Use 'Cashflow' to track regular incomes and bills.
- Create specific financial targets under the 'Goals' tab.
If you have questions or issues with any of the above steps, reference to our FAQ here. If you still can't find an answer to your question, please contact us!
- This is an indication of a problem connecting to your account.
- A blue symbol often indicates a temporary external site issue or expected maintenance. This error message should resolve after a few days. Please contact us if the issue persists.
- A red symbol is an indication of a login error. This can mean that your password needs to be updated, or you have security questions that need to be update your username and password. You may also be prompted with additional security questions. If your account still does not update, please contact us.
- Click the 'ADD' button in your left sidebar.
- Enter your financial institution's name into the search box. Check the URL associated with the institution to make sure it is where you normally access your account(s).
- Enter your login information EXACTLY as you would when logging into your financial institution directly and click 'CONNECT'.
- Classify your account(s) by type.
- If the specific account type is not listed choose the closest choice
- Input a custom account name if desired (this can also be edited from the Dashboard later).
- If an account is listed that has already uploaded automatically, or you see an account you don't wish to import, you may choose to 'Ignore this account'. Then click 'SAVE'.
You can view the following items on your Dashboard:
- All uploaded accounts and their balances
- Daily account transactions
- An advanced search bar to find transactions by name, date, category, etc.
- Your customizable widgets which can include expenses, goals, budgets, bills, net worth, and more!
We currently support:
- Mozilla Firefox 2+ (Windows + Mac)
- Safari 2+ (Windows + Mac)
- Internet Explorer 7+
- Google Chrome 1+
If you have an older browser, please try upgrading to one of these supported browsers. Also ensure that your security settings allow PFM to function properly. You may experience issues if your browser has cookies turned off, is operating with a high security level, or has additional add-ons installed. If you experience a problem with one of our supported browsers, please contact support after verifying your browser settings.
You can export your transactions into a ‘CSV’ file, which is supported by most spreadsheet programs.
- On the Dashboard at the top-right of the transaction list, click the small 'Export Transactions' button.
- Enter the desired date range. We can export transactions back from when you began using PFM in any time span of one year or less.
- Click 'DOWNLOAD FILE'.
- A CSV file will be saved to your computer's download folder.
Yes, you can remove transactions. These transactions will still be visible on your account directly, but will no longer show in PFM. Please note that this is a permanent action and cannot be undone.
- On the Dashboard, highlight the transaction you wish to delete and select 'EDIT'.
- Click 'Delete this transaction' in the bottom right corner of the screen.
A tag is a customizable word or phrase used to categorize your transactions. This feature gives you a better idea of how you're spending your money by tracking transactions in the same category. We will automatically pull in your most recent transactions and tag them (i.e. transportation, groceries, clothing). We suggest you edit your tags by clicking on the 'EDIT' button associated with each transaction. Customized tags give you a more accurate view of your budget(s), spending history and overall financial picture.
- Click on 'Budget' at the top of the page.
- Click on the Spending Target you'd like to edit from the list.
- At the top of the page, click the 'EDIT' or 'DELETE' button.
- You can change the name, amount, tags, and accounts associated with this Spending Target from here.
If your Spending Targets aren't updating correctly, ensure that:
- The associated tags are attached to transactions posted in the current month.
- You have the proper account(s) included for each Spending Target.
- Your Dashboard tags match the Spending Target tags.
If you are having issues with your budget, please check these common causes before contacting support:
- Confirm the accounts being tracked within your Spending Target. If only your savings account is selected, but the transactions you want factored into your Spending Target are coming from your checking account, the Budget will not reflect those transactions until both accounts are selected.
- If you are using tags with two or more words, such as 'Dining Out', you need to track this tag using the exact format, including spaces. For example, tracking transactions listed as 'Diningout' will not reflect in a budget looking for tags marked as 'Dining Out'.
If you need any further assistance managing your tags or budgets, please contact support.
Use Cashflow to get a quick glance of when your bills are due, when your paycheck is coming, and for viewing 'safe to spend' balances. Click 'Cashflow' to open the calendar and click on a day to add a new income source or bill due.
- On the Cashflow page, click the 'Choose accounts.' link in the box above the calendar.
- Check the boxes next to the accounts you'd like to include.
- Click 'SAVE AND CLOSE'.
- Click on 'Goals' at the top of the page.
- Click the 'ADD A GOAL' button.
- Choose between a payoff or savings goal.
- Choose which account you'd like the goal to be associated with and at what balance it will be complete. Remember you can link to external accounts if you've previously added them to PFM.
- Choose the date you want to have this goal completed, or how much you are able to save each month - this option will calculate a due date for you.
- Use the 'How much do I have available to spend?'' link to view your outstanding income and expenses.
- Choose whether or not to 'lock' a certain balance in your account.
- Click 'CREATE GOAL'.
When creating a Goal you may choose to 'lock' a sum of money from being counted toward your goal. This provides an accurate reading of your current goal progress, as you may never want to leave less than the locked amount in your account. No real money is ever locked away from you by choosing this option.
- Select the 'ADD ASSET' or 'ADD DEBT' button.
- Enter in the amount of the Asset or Debt and label it accordingly.
- Save the asset or debt.
- You may also remove particular accounts from being calculated into your Net Worth total by clicking to un-check your account(s).
To reach your financial goals, click here to sign in if you already a FCB customer.
Not a customer? Click here to learn about making the switch today!